- ‘Atogun is not without Kafka's often humane and comic touches. Like Orwell, Atogun excels in plain language, in reducing situations to their bare essentials. Yet the author resists reducing his characters to mere political symbols. They are compelling as people in their own right.’
- ‘[An] unforgettable new voice, writing in polished, gleaming prose'
– Anita Sethi, Observer
- ‘Compelling’ – Financial Times
- ‘The severity of his worldview is modified by his beautiful imagery and evocative language’ – Helon Habila
- ‘Atogun is a writer with untold potential’ – The Student